I realized I've been so focused on Baby J's diagnosis I haven't really talked about much else. So, here it goes.
- Work is good. I usually work two and a half days a week. The two full days are l-o-n-g. I work both the lunch and dinner shift but I'm able to get out for an hour between to go see Baby J at school. It's a nice break. I'm the assistant manager at the restaurant. For me, it's a good mix of responsibility and being able to leave the drama there. There are some odd dynamics at the restaurant but there's drama everywhere and I can live with this drama.
- My sister is gone. She left two weeks ago now. It's hard to believe she was here for six months. It came and went so fast. There were times where I'm sure we annoyed each other but after Sister being gone so long it was nice to have her around. She was a great help with Baby J too, especially in those early days when we were home together all day. I certainly needed her then. And I miss her now. Come home soon, Sister!
- Baby J continues to thrive. She had her pre-op appointment at the pediatrician's today to get cleared for her MRI next week. Apparently she has an ear infection but she hasn't been acting like she doesn't feel well so I was surprised. It's been about four weeks since her six month check up and she is up to 16lbs 3oz. I'm glad to know she's gaining weight because I'm not feeding her at night as much and I was scared she might lose weight again. We have weaned her off her pacifier. It wasn't totally intentional. We wanted to get a better sleep routine so we did a little ferber/cry it out and decided to get rid of the pacifier at bedtime. The sleep training went pretty well. We thought about giving her the paci during the day but when she found her thumb on her own it didn't seem necessary anymore. I'm not sure which is better but I'm happy to not have to go diving for her pacifier when she spits it out. The sleep situation still isn't 100% ideal but I'm trying to relish the quiet night time feedings because I know they won't last forever.
- In addition to her pre-op, which was fine other than the ear infection which shouldn't affect the MRI, I had an appointment with the pediatric geneticist to get some questions answered. I had been talking to the genetic counselor quite a bit but she didn't feel like she could really answer all my questions so I sat down with the doctor today which was nice. She's very patient and understanding. Baby J is in good hands.
- While I'm still emotional at times when thinking about the TSC diagnosis, I'm increasinly hopeful that Baby J will be minimally affected. I just don't see how, right now, it could be any different. I realize I could just be in denial but with her crawling and babbling and clapping (which the pediatrican said babies don't usually do until 10 months!), I just find it hard to believe she is having any TSC related problems.
- Hubby seems to be doing pretty well. I think we need a date night. It feels like lately if I'm not working at night, he is. It's that time of year for him, but I'd like to go out, have some wine, and be a couple for a few hours. Otherwise, work is going well for him and he loves being a dad. He's good at it too. I'm a lucky lady. That is for sure.
- Life continues to move at lightening speed. Baby J is seven months old today. I'm not exactly sure where all the time has gone but I am really trying to enjoy it. Soon the baby days will be a thing of the past.
|