All this election news has really reached a fever pitch. This morning the countdown on CNN said
"First polls close in 8 days, X hours, X minutes", not just "Election Day" but "First Polls Close". Crazy. Personally I can't wait for this all to be over. I feel such a desperation over this election. I don't just want Obama to win, I need him to win. Baby J needs him to win. When Sarah Palin was first announced as McCain's running mate I was petrified. All we heard about was Sarah Palin. I thought it might be the end of Barack Obama. Thankfully that isn't the case and now I'm optimistic. Cautiously optimistic.
This election cycle has inspired my husband to pursue some of his own political interests. He was appointed to a planning commision in our county and is considering a run at a city counsel seat in March. It is amazing to watch him follow through on some things he's been talking about for awhile. It's a little scary to think about him running for some sort of office. We aren't wealthy and that seems like a must to be a politician these days but I support him no matter what. And I'm prepared to go door to door for him, in the winter. That's love.
I think this election cycle has inspired lots of people who never pay attention too. Hubby has two coworkers who never really vote but are going to this year. One is a Canadian who only recently naturalized and has never really paid attention. This year, she cares. Another is a woman who, if she voted, probably voted Republican. This year she's voting for Obama. I love these stories.
Here's Baby J's endorsement:
____________________________
On a totally unrelated note, Baby J goes in for her MRI on Wednesday. I work a double tomorrow so I won't be back here updating until we get home Wednesday. Hubby and I are both nervous about the whole thing. I know things will be fine but I think it's going to be scary to see Baby J with an IV and sedated. And she can't eat for four hours before the procedure. Thank goodness it's at 7:30am! I'm setting my alarm for 3am so she can eat on last time before her MRI. I was doing well with everything for awhile but thinking about Wednesday makes me all emotional again. A woman from the hospital called this morning for a pre-op interview. She knew all about why Baby J was coming in and she was so nice. Sometimes I'm overwhelmed by how nice people can be. I'm okay if it's all business. When someone adds some emotion into it I'm a disaster. Anyway, I'll be back with an update when I have one. I have no idea how long we'll be at the hospital or when we'll hear anything.
Monday, October 27, 2008
Fever Pitch
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)
|