Tuesday, January 27, 2009

So Big!

When did my baby get so big? Baby J turned 10 months old on Friday and I am just in utter disbelief at the things she can do. It feels like she's just gotten so big overnight. Here's a quick list of what she's up to these days:

  • Eating table food with gusto! Baby J still doesn't have teeth but she is chowing down on cheese, veggies, pasta, chicken, and pretty much anything we put in front of her. Her desire to feed herself is evident and she's doing a great job.
  • Going from crawling to sitting up. I kept waiting for J to figure out how to do this. All of the kids her age seemed to be doing it at school and last night I turned my back for a second when she was belly down. When I turned back she was sitting up happily. Amazing!
  • High fiving and blowing kisses. She does both of these mostly when she's in her high chair for some reason, but is getting the hang of it outside of her high chair too.
  • Crawling at the speed of lightening! Baby J still does her own version of a commando crawl on her belly with one arm but she certainly is fast. She sets her sights on something and nothing will stop her. Occasionally she gets on all fours and crawls a tiny bit but she's so fast on her belly, it doesn't seem to matter really.
  • Pulling herself up. I came into her room one morning and she was standing in her crib! Luckily we'd already moved her mattress down in preparation of this but I was still shocked. She's now pulling up on anything and everything that she can. It's crazy. And scary.
  • Walking with assistance. Baby J gets this excited squeal and big smile when we stand her up and hold her hand so she can walk herself. She motors around and seems quite proud of herself.
Lastly a funny story: This weekend I was trying to multitask. I needed to get some bread started so it would have time to rise adequately before dinner. While trying to make bread I was also trying to feed Baby J some yogurt. I got a little too involved with the recipe while my back was turned. When I turned back around, J was covered in yogurt. I'd left the bowl too close and she managed to get it and dump it all over herself. It was a big mess but cute too. I grabbed the camera and snapped a few pictures. She was licking the bowl and finger painting in the yogurt on the table. I've included a few pictures below. Enjoy!