Baby J and I are still sick. We both went to the doctor's today. She has a double ear infection and I have a sinus infection and really mucous-y lungs. We are both taking amoxicillin. While I'm delighted to have some antibiotics to take to finally cure me, giving Baby J medicine is not easy. We had to give her amoxicillin before her MRI when she had her first ear infection. It did not go well and we were all traumatized. We just gave Baby J her firs dose and again, it looks like this is not going to be easy.
We have medicine droppers, spoons, and syringes to administer the medicine to her but none of them seem to work well. The pediatrician gave me a different syringe with a longer tip on it. I let Baby J play with it for a bit so maybe she won't be afraid of it but we'll have to see when she gets her dose tomorrow. I bought a bigger medicine dropper because the one from the tylenol bottle that I cleaned out last time was about the only way to get the medicine down. However, she just spit out most of the dose. We gave her a bit more and I stuck my finger in her mouth so she couldn't spit the medicine out.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make this a less painful process? I'm okay with it being somewhat difficult but I'd just like to know if there's an easier way. Please, let there be an easier way. Hubby and I both feel like we're torturing her trying to get the medicine down.
Monday, January 19, 2009
More Advice
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)
|