Baby J started day care today. It was a "transition" day but really it was as long as she'll be there tomorrow too. I really like her teacher. She's pregnant and has moved over from the preschool room to head up the new infant room. And for a few weeks her teacher only has Baby J and another baby. She's helping with all the other babies too, but when we were there her focus seemed to be on those two which is nice. Baby J took two naps, although they weren't very long, ate twice, had her clothes changed (thank you drool) and got a few clean diapers. I think after today I'm feeling much better about things. She didn't cry when we left (Hubby had today off so he went with me, thank god. I don't think I would've taken her in today otherwise...) and she was happy when we got back. She was asleep in her carseat before we were five minutes from the daycare. It's going to be okay, I think. But we should see how I am after leaving her tomorrow.
Right now I'm most concerned about my milk production. First of all I'm confused about how much she should be eating. She's now going 3-4 hours between feedings instead of eating every two. (Actually, it's a relief to leave the house and know I don't have to figure out where to feed her in a couple hours.) Although she's eating less often, her nursing sessions have shortened too. She might nurse for five-ten minutes. Ten if I'm lucky. When I pump I'm lucky to get three ounces from one breast. This morning I pumped when Baby J would have normally eaten and I only got two ounces and that was pumping on both sides! Everything I've read says pumping is not a good indication of production, but when you need to produce milk to feed your baby while you're working and can't pump enough then what? I'm going to have to get creative about when I pump now. Especially when I start working doubles on Tuesdays and Wednesdays next week. I don't know if she's okay only getting 3 ounces every 3-4 hours while I'm working or if it should be 4 ounces. Does anyone out there know? I'm been looking online but have a hard time finding how much she should be eating. Ugh.
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
So It Begins
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)
|