Monday, August 25, 2008

24 Hours

So much changes in 24 hours.

  • I decided I should go see a lactation consultant before my appointment Thursday. I'm increasingly concerned about my supply so it seemed silly to wait until the end of the week.
  • I met with one of the LCs at our pediatrician's office this morning. She was very helpful and made me feel a lot better.
  • I'm now taking fenugreek and blessed thistle to help increase my production. I'm also going to nurse Baby J as often as I can and get lots of snuggle time in.
  • At work I'm going to pump as often as I can. I need to find a way to pump twice during the lunch shift. I'm already pumping twice during dinner.
  • I'm back to only feeding her on one side to make sure she's getting hind milk.
  • After I feed her in the morning one side, I'm going to pump on the other and then wait an hour and pump on both sides.
  • I'm going to do my best to not stress about how much I get when I pump. I think the stress is only making things worse. I have a stock of milk in the freezer and I need to use it if need be.
  • Baby J and I will be okay. I just needed to get some advice and a little perspective.