So I quit my job on Tuesday. My supervisors insisted I come in for my yearly evaluation and I gave my notice then. It was a hard year at work and one thing they mentioned was that they found my blog while I was out. They actually said they'd wish they'd seen it sooner because they felt it gave better insight into how I was feeling. Anyway, it feels good to be done there. It's still a little weird that I don't have a "real" job.
Hubby and I decided that we could make it work with me staying home. It looks like I will be watching another baby three days a week as well as doing some data entry work for a woman who owns her own business. It's something I can do whenever I want and is pretty easy. I'm also trying to get a job at a local kids shop that lets you bring your baby to work with you! Cool, huh? They aren't hiring now but might be in a couple weeks so I'm dropping off my resume this weekend. Tomorrow is my first trial run day watching the new baby. He's a boy and is six weeks older than Baby J. I know it won't be easy, but I'm up for the challenge and I think it'll be fun for Baby J to have a friend to hang out with.
It feels great to not be going back to the office, but scary and nerve wracking too. Baby J will only be a baby once though and I want to enjoy my time with her.
Thursday, June 5, 2008
The Backstory
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)
|