Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Bullets of Crap, Anxiety edition

  • I don't even know where to start.
  • I was offered a job to pick up some managing shifts at a restaurant.
  • It's a very yummy restaurant and the woman who owns it is totally willing to be flexible with me.
  • A couple Sundays ago, I went in for dinner and basically an interview. On my way home I saw a sign for a daycare that had openings. Hubby called them the next day and they are opening a new infant room. They are willing to take infants part time too. It all feels pretty serendipitous.
  • Yesterday we went to visit the daycare. If I'm honest with myself, the place was really nice. It had a lot of what we want. They start sign language with the babies. They are totally breastfeeding friendly. They are willing to use our cloth diapers. I'm more than welcome to come by during the day if I want to. But it's still putting Baby J in daycare. Really I am just freaked out that she won't get held or attention or something. I know that won't happen. We sat in the infant room for awhile yesterday and while some babies cried, it was only while they got their bottles ready or something. I feel like I just need to get over it. I need to just get over it.
  • We put a deposit down before we left.
  • I'm about to call the general manager/owner of the restaurant and accept the position. I'm not very good at negotiating pay, but I did and after my training they are going to pay me what I want.
  • And I'll be working a double on Tuesdays and Wednesdays and the lunch shift on Saturdays. Only two days of daycare and Hubby will be with Baby J on Saturday.
  • I'm nervous, but I need a paycheck and it will be good to get out of the house some.
  • Today Baby J is four months old! FOUR MONTHS!
  • And she rolled over totally from back to tummy last night!
  • She didn't sleep through the night but we got one four hour chunk from 9:45-1:45. And Hubby and I were smart enough to go to bed at 9:45 after I fed her. Then she was up at 3:45 and 5:45 and 7ish. Hubby took her at 7ish while he got ready so I could get a bit more sleep. He's a godsend. I don't know what I'd do without that extra hour of sleep.
  • She'll be fine in daycare. Right?