Three weeks ago, I remember telling someone "Oh yes, Baby J sleeps through the night. We are very lucky. (knocks on wood) We do keep thinking it's going to change but so far so good." The next night it changed and for three weeks now Baby J has been up every two hours to eat. Every.two.hours. I'm exhausted.
When it first started we thought, okay we're in Maine on vacation. She's just not used to being in a different place. Or maybe she's going through a growth spurt (she has grown a lot in the last three weeks). But it hasn't changed. We've tried to give her better naps during the day. I still feed her every two hours during the day for the most part. Hubby and I really want to believe that there is something we can do to help Baby J through the night. We are desperate to believe we can change things. I know we can't, but it sucks to be helpless. Everything I've read about sleep regressions, developmental changes, and growth spurts says this is normal but oh my god is there an end in sight? I need more than a two hour stretch of sleep and I worry about Hubby having to go to work with such a disjointed night's sleep. And work? Let's not even talk about the fact that I may be starting a new job outside of the house soon....I can't imagine functioning in the real world like this. Last night we got in bed at 7:45pm. It doesn't matter, I still need to sleep for more than two hours at a time.
Tonight we are going to try to move Baby J out of the cosleeper and into the pack n play. We have the mini cosleeper and she's gotten a little too big for it, I think. We'll see if that helps at all. I think we are still going to put it next to the bed. We think, maybe she needs more room. Maybe she's waking herself up bumping into the side of the cosleeper. Sometimes she sleeps for three hours during the day in her crib...but that's downstairs and our room is upstairs and I'm certainly not ready for that move...
Monday, July 21, 2008
Will it ever end?
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)
|