Monday, March 23, 2009

Nostalgic

I'm feeling so nostalgic today. One year ago I gave birth to Baby J. The whole birthing experience was incredible and all weekend long I've been replaying it in my head. We ran into the midwife who delivered J last week and I had a surprisingly emotional response to seeing her. I feel very grateful for the birth experience that I had. With a few minor adjustments it was what I wanted and I know all women can't say that. Plus I had an amazing partner in Hubby there. He was exactly what I needed when I needed it.

The last year has been incredible. It has been emotional and scary. But more than that it has been filled with smiles and laughter. J has such a big, sweet personality. She loves to wave, smile and blow kisses at people everywhere she goes. She has such a big heart and I hope that continues.

I don't know what else to say about the last year. It has been such a whirlwind. I've loved watching J go from a tiny baby who only eats, sleeps, and poops to someone who is more interactive with the world around her. And now she is communicating with us using some of the signs we do with her.

I love her so much. I can't imagine life without her. I know with the TSC there may be things unexpected or unwanted that come along but I think her diagnosis has made us enjoy everything more because we realize how lucky we are to have a healthy baby despite the TSC.

Here are a couple pictures from her 1st birthday party. We got J her own cake to destroy and got a sheet cake for everyone to eat. It took her a little while to get into it but she enjoyed the cake!